2008년 3월 5일 수요일

back in the day~I was serious!

Past Saturday was my 8th anniversary..
I've been doing this shitty animation job since 1st March,2001.
well..From the start,I disliked this job.'cause I thought that animators are just copiers,a small parts of big industries.Not creative at all.
(I still think most of them are.But now I know there're some shiny people.)
So I tried to keep drawing my stuffs.Losing my style meant death to me.
Losing it meant that I ended up one of those fools I laughed at.
And also I was in an amateur comic club.They used to publish 4 books a year,which were pretty popular.
(there were some very famous comic artists in the club.)
Club colleagues advised me that I should quit animation job to be a comic artist,
but I had to earn money.That's why Im still here.

I'm not a punctual person,I lost lots of sketchbooks.Drawings I upload today aren't the original image.I lost those drawings.It's a long,sad story.Let's say I caused the half of the disaster.
That's why I had to have a sketch blog.I can't lose drawings here unless I forget the blog address.
Anyway.These are copies(by xerox) and quite old stuffs.



(click it to see its real size)
self portrait.in 2000.-I was testing a new brush pen.


(click it to see tis real size)
another self portrait in 2001.Probably it was fall when I drew this.


(click it to see its real size)
for christmas card.in 1999 or 1998.


(click it to see its real size)
I forgot why I drew this..Maybe I just wanted to draw the side face..Me from the past is mysterious.in 2001.


(click it to see its real size)
I liked this one-eyed girl a lot so I made a notebook cover with it.
The notebook stayed with me over 3years.Now she's gone.
That's why this image is so special to me.I lost the original image,the first photocopy(which was bigger than this),now lost my notebook too.
-I need a meticulous husband..-(sigh)


(click it to see its real size)
drawing from a friend from old days.He's in my age,now is a guitarist of a band 'nobrain'-which you can see often on TV.

댓글 2개:

Midodok :

The style of these older drawings is much different than your newer stuff.

I really like your one eye notebook design and the horizontal hatching the fills in the woman in the crouching image.

skitsch :

ehh..sounds like you don't like my older style.

Oh yea..I miss them so badly.
I really don't want to experience that kind of tragedy again!!