2008년 5월 15일 목요일

different surrounding&everyday journey

My office moved few weeks ago.
The old office was near Sillim(the place I was born and lived over 20years),
And I had worked there for three and half years.
Of course I liked the place.
The building was old,dirty,loud but there was some kind of peculiar atmosphere.
And I loved the old lady of the grocery store in the first floor.
She always talked to me about TV shows she watching.

The new place now we are is..bigger,so clean,too silent.
And this sick building is nonsmoking building.
We can only smoke outside of the building or on the roof.
Here are convenience store,big restaurant,other offices..which are just new and boring.

I come to the office around 11~12o'clock,and smoke 2~3cigerettes outside then start to work.


quick sketch of an unhappy smoker


smoke a lot at one time


Cleaning people are always busy to keep this giant boring building clean.


And these are from my everyday journey from work to home(I walk home)
(It used to take one and half hour but now its much shorter than before.)

My old desk.

desk again.Oh!!I miss those cute magnets!!

The old 'SoonDaeGook'diner.My old office building had stories.

Old lady's old small store.Oh I miss it already.

We used to have drinks there.

An empty old narrow road.Those orange lights aren't easy to find in wider/newer drive ways.

People were fighting for a better residence.

On the bridge-before you cross it,you're in Seoul.But after you crossed it,You're in GyeonGi Do.
This scenary is the main reason I walk home.I fall in love everynight.

The moon.The lonely moon.
Those short apartments are jealous of the moon.
So they threaten the moon everynight.

This massive city can't get satisfaction.
It's always trying to stratch the sky.

..finally I'm home.


Pretty little colorful toes want me to wear flip-flop and to show them the sea.
But I think I'm too busy until next Thursday.
SAD!!!!

댓글 4개:

Louie Louie :

I know what you mean.
Thanks for posting those photos,
they give me a nostalgic feeling.

skitsch :

Some parts of my city haven't changed for a long time.
How was Seoul in 70s?
Do you have any special memories?

Louie Louie :

Since Korea is not my country
memories of it turn into feelings.
The feeling is the same now as then.

skitsch :

I have that feeling of London.
And I'm going there in June.
Can my feeling be the same?
I'm very excited and anxious.