2008년 4월 29일 화요일

Waiting


At Han's Deli(take-out snack bar)

I bought a small croquisbook and a cool sharp pencil.
And Started to spend waiting times for drawing.
I usually draw when I'm alone but I wanted to remember what I'm feeling on the street.
I used to hate people watching me drawing.I'm quite shy I think.
So I decided to pretend that I'm alone,listening music.Though I was in a place anybody can see what I'm doing.

Sunday I went out for dinner with my brother DogShit(from now,'DS').
The place was crowded,we had to wait about 25mins.So I drew these while 6 or more foreigners watching me.
DS is always interested in my drawings and askes me few questions about them.

DS:Is he sleeping?
SK:No.Something stings his heart.He feels it and tries to focus on.
DS:What stings his heart?
SK:I don't know.He doesn't even seem to know.


DS:What's wrong with this face?
SK:It's sad macho cresent moon.
DS:Why sad?
SK:Because he's old and all alone.


SK:It's me.
DS:What's this on your T-shirt?You're not wearing this!
SK:It's a giant eye.It scares birds.
DS:I didn't know that my sister was a scarecrow.


길이 아닌곳은 가지 마 Don't go outside of the way
남들이 간 곳만 가 Just follow what others have been
부탁이고 명령이고 소원이야 It's an asking an order and a wish
After reading these lines DS asked just one question.
Why does she want us to follow the way?
I told him,because that's what she's for.She's a human roadsign.
But actually It was something I want to tell myself.


Someone told me yesterday that I'm too selfish.
That's what I always heard from someone I care.
And from the moment,I can't find anything to say.
It hurts more and more.There's nothing I can do.
I'm emotionally retarded I feel.

댓글 5개:

L :

You have no idea how often I've heard those same words: I'm selfish. First they love how independent-minded you are, and then that becomes selfishness. Sometimes you feel like you can never win.

I love all your drawings. You are so incredibly talented and you have a way with words which is even more amazing considering this is not your first language. I can just imagine how much more poetic you are in Korean. I wish I knew enough to be able to understand.

Louie Louie :

I tried once to draw outside.
I was at a deserted rail crossing.
I was so nervous.
I was afraid that someone would
sneak up on my while I was
concentrating.
I decided to just take snapshots
with my camera and draw from them
when I got home.
I still always carry a sketchbook.
Just in case.

skitsch :

l/Oh.L for love!I'm happy to see you here!
I believe that everybody is selfish.especially those ones who said you're selfish to me&you.
My brother said that I'm like a scarecrow,but I'm more like scarelove.
And about words,Thank you,It's a really great compliment!!Most of friends tell me 'Stop posing when you're writing,Silly!'
And I like your writings as well and I wish I could understand better.Let's keep trying!

joe/yea,being sneaked up is really frustrating!but camera and my eyes are so different(especially to me,You can see why easily after see photos I took),I'm training myself.
Have I told you how much I like your photos&drawings?You make things into something.I always hesitate to comment your blog but I haven't.But anyways,I love your writings,drawings,photos.

Louie Louie :

Thank you!
It's always nice to know when
someone looks at my photos and
drawings and reads my words.
I'd be glad for any comments.
If you're hesitant to leave
a comment on my blog, you can
always send a note by email.

Midodok :

I really like the funniness in these drawings, Skitsch!