2008년 7월 16일 수요일

her name is meshell ndegeocello

I first heard her voice in 2003 in basement jaxx's album kishkash.
She sang and played bass 2songs for the album and those were really good.
so I bought her albums and got shocked.
Her music is real.
She taught me a true meaning of beauty.
Why don't you click here and listen to her voice.
michelle johnson
(it's her real name and she sang about herself in her latest album.
ndegeocello means 'free like a bird' in swahili,which is also carved on my right arm.)

rough sketch with yellow,yellow green pencil.
um..I forgot my scanner doesn't read yellow green pencil well.
I shouldn't use that color next time I draw.


re-lined.
I like this a lot.yeah,Pencil is the most familiar tool for me.


Another drawing of meshell.
She always shaves her head but only for once,she had this cornrow.


re-lined.

Last night I met my ex-boss with my friend SunAe.
(We worked at his for 3.5years-for a long time ago.)
We talked about how time passed,how good/bad we were.
And then SunAe said that she doesn't like working with me.
She loves this job and is proud of it but I always say this job is stupid.
I was very shocked.But her word has its fine reason.So I said nothing.
And we went on,and we got drunk,and I made my ex-boss cry.(he's 40yrs old nice,funny guy)
What am I to have this giant ego?Why do I always offend people I love?

And then again I thought of meshell.
Does her life have shits like mine?Does she do wrong?
And the song answered me.
yes.
The only difference between(not only.the biggest) me and her is that she's real but I'm not yet.
That's why I feel ugly.that's why I'm not beautiful..yet.

댓글 7개:

Louie Louie :

Well, here's my opinion:

You are who you are.
Don't edit yourself.
If you have a giant ego
then that's part of you
so don't try getting rid
of it. If you try to change
because of what others say,
then you're in danger of losing
yourself.

Anyway, people who are your
genuine friends will see past
all the little flaws that you
imagine you have.

Wow, that was a lot of opinion.

skitsch :

But I think I'm too rough,I'm so stupid&selfish.

so I've been trying to make myself better than I was before.
or there's no meaning of getting old-this is just my opinion.
If I see something I hate in me,shouldn't I change that or learn to deal with it.?
Or am I still an young naive girl who believes that she can control herself someday somehow..

well,but a small girl in my mind says thank you.

Louie Louie :

I think my long-winded opinion
was just my way of saying,
"I like you the way you are."


(that's why I read your writings)

skitsch :

ahahahaha
That's why I always complain about myself.
To be heard that they like me as the way I am.

thank you.
thank you again.

Louie Louie :

Are you telling me that I fell for
that one again?

:-D

익명 :

"she's real but I'm not yet"

You most certainly are real Skitsch! And very wonderful!

The problems with comparisons is that they only create unhappiness. If you think you are worse than someone (less real, less whatever) then you'll be unhappy.

And thinking you are better brings a whole new set of problems to you life!

Better to avoid comparing yourself with anyone and just.....be yourself!

Your wonderful self! (I think Joe Hotcuppa got it right!)

Cheers Skitsch and thank you again for another great post!

Marcus

skitsch :

Thank you Marcus.I'll email you soon.